A 12-year-old Indiana girl who was vacationing along with her family in Florida contracted uncommon flesh-eating bacteria that may take her months to recover. CBS affiliate WKRG-TV reported the Brown family went to a seashore in Destin earlier this month when Kylei fell drastically sick.
After arriving to Florida amid a few stormy days, they had been in the clear to go to the seashore June 9. Authorities warned them and others that it was nonetheless dangerous to go in — and solely allowed folks to go in knee-deep, based on WKRG-TV. Making essentially the most out of the situation, the family, together with Kylei entered the water and had some fun.
Her mother, Michelle Brown, advised WKRG-TV she had a pain in her right calf the next day, assuming it was solely a charley horse. Nevertheless, the ache continued to develop and it prevented her from walking.
Once they returned to Indianapolis, a physician advised Michelle to take her daughter to an emergency room. As soon as the woman took an MRI, Brown stated docs observed an infection was “spreading and running pretty quickly” by her body.
Based on WKRG-TV, medical doctors observed an infection between Kylei’s knee and recognized her with necrotizing fasciitis, a rare flesh-consuming disease.
Brown stated Kylei is home now, however nonetheless faces more surgical procedures, treatments and physical remedy so she will stroll once more. To Brown, all of the issues is that her daughter is alive.
In a Facebook publish warning other parents, Brown stated Kylei contracted the illness after scraping her toe whereas visiting Pompano Seashore in Florida.